Integrated Ph. D. Admissions, August 2013
Applications are invited from highly motivated students for admission to the Integrated Ph.D. programme starting from 1st August 2013 at the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research – Thiruvananthapuram (IISER-TVM).
Bachelors degree in Biological/Chemical/Physical/Mathematical/Engineering with a minimum of 55% marks (or a CGPA of 6.0 in the 10 point scale). All shortlisted candidates are required to appear for a written aptitude test followed by interview.
The questions for the written test will be multiple choice testing the candidates’ knowledge/reasoning ability.
Bachelors degree in Chemical sciences with a minimum of 55% marks (or a CGPA of 6.0 in the 10 point scale). Shortlisted candidates will be called for a written test followed by interview.
Candidates must satisfy any one of the following criterion:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics/Statistics/Engineering/Technology in a relevant discipline with minimum CGPA of 6.0 (or 55 % marks).
- NBHM-M.Sc. Fellowship valid as on 1 August 2012 with CGPA of 6.0 (or 55 % marks).
Selection Procedure for mathematical sciences:
Shortlisted candidates will be called for the written test followed by an interview. NBHM-M.Sc. Fellowship holders are exempted from the written test.
Bachelors degree in Physical Sciences, Engineering or Technology with minimum 55 % marks (or a CGPA of 6.0 in the 10 point scale). Applicants should have cleared the Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST)-2013.
- Please go through the FAQ page thoroughly before filling up the application form.
- Applicants should complete the online application form by going to the following URL: http://iphd.iisertvm.ac.in/
- Applicants will also be prompted to upload all the supporting documents, like photograph, proof of date of birth, mark-list, community certificate, in JPEG/GIF formats only
- GE/OBC [SC/ST] candidates are reqired to make a payment of Rs. 200/- [Rs. 100/-] as processing fee through the Powerjyoti Account (Please download the PDF file of the challan for application fee through Powerjyoti.)
- On submission of the online application form, the applicants will receive an acknowledgment email with an unique number.
- Short-listed applicants will be invited for a written test/interview at IISER-TVM.
- Last date for the submission of the online application for Biology, Chemistry and Mathematicsis is January 4, 2013.
Important Dates for admission to the Integrated Ph.D. programme
|Last date of receipt of the application form||January 4, 2013 (17:00 hrs [IST])|
|Announcement of shortlisted candidates on the Institute website http://www.iisertvm.ac.in||January 9, 2013|
|Written test in Biological, Chemical and Mathematical Sciences||Forenoon of February 16, 2013|
|Interview for the shortlisted candidates in Biological, Chemical, Mathematical Sciences||February 16 – 17, 2013|
|Interview for the JEST-2013 qualified candidates in Physical Sciences||Will be announced later|
Mere fulfilling the eligibility criterion does not entitle applicants to be called for the test and interview.