FAQs — Integrated Ph.D. Admissions
FAQs about the written test
- I am shortlisted for the written test for the admission to the Integrated Ph.D. Programme,
what all documents I need to carry?
- Where will the written test/interview be held? Will I be paid for my travel and accommodation expenses for attending the Integrated Ph.D. written test/interview?
Integrated Ph.D. written test and interview will be conducted at IISER-TVM. Please follow this link for information on different modes of transportation to reach Thiruvananthapuram and directions to IISER-TVM.
Candidates will not be paid any travel and accommodation expenses.
- What is the examination pattern of the Integrated Ph.D. Programme written test?.
The written test for Biological, Chemical and Mathematical Sciences will be objective type
containing 40 question. The written test will be for 2 hours.
- What is the syllabus for the written test?
The syllabus for the written test for Biological, Chemical and Mathematical Sciences can be found in the following URL: http://iisertvm.ac.in/academics/int-ph-d-programme/admissions.
You need to carry the following documents:
a. Print out of the online application form
b. IISER copy of the Powerjyoti Challan
c. X standard certificate
d. XII standard mark sheet
e. Photo ID [PAN card/Voter's card/Driving License/College ID]
f. Mark sheet till the last semester
g. SC/ST community certificate
FAQs about the Integrated Ph.D. Programme
- I am in the final year of Bachelor’s degree. Am I eligible to apply for the Integrated Ph.D. programme?
- I am an engineering graduate, am I eligible to apply for the Integrated Ph.D. programme?
- I am in my first year of the Master’s degree., am I eligible to apply for the Integrated Ph.D. programme?
- I am in the final year of the Master’s degree, am I eligible to apply for the Integrated Ph.D. programme?
No. You may be eligible for the Ph.D. programme.
- Is there a part-time Integrated Ph.D. programme at IISER-TVM?
No. IISER-TVM is a fully residential institute and all the Integrated Ph.D. students are required to reside in the institute for the entire period.
- If selected, am I eligible for a fellowship?
Yes. All students admitted to the Integrated Ph.D. programme will receive Rs. 10,000/- as fellowship until the successful completion of the course work. Afterwords, fellowship will be raised to comply with the existing CSIR-UGC norms.
FAQs about the online application
- Can I apply for more than one schools?
Yes. However, you will be evaluated separately for each school.
- Do I have to apply to each school separately?
One application is sufficient. However, please indicate your choice of schools in the online application.
- Can I submit the Integrated Ph.D. application by post?
No. As prescribed in the advertisement, please fill in the online application with the required documents.
- What all documents do I need to upload along with the application form?
Please keep the following documents (in JPEG, PNG or GIF formats) before filling the online Integrated Ph.D. application form:
a). Scanned copy of your recent passport size photograph
b). Scanned copy of proof of Date of birth (Birth certificate, X standard certificate or Passport)
c). Scanned copy of the proof of XII standard mark sheet
d). Scanned copy of signature
e). Scanned copy of the community (SC/ST) certificate
f). Journal number of the payment of the application fee to the PowerJyoti account (See Questions 13 and 14 below)
- In what format do I need to upload the above documents?
You can upload in JPEG, PNG and GIF formats. Maximum size of each document should be 2 MB.
- Is there an application fee?
Yes. Rs. 200/- (Rs. 100/- for SC/ST applicants) for applying to the Integrated Ph.D. Programme.
- How do I pay the application fee?
Please download the Powerjyoti challan form from the online application page (http://phd.iisertvm.ac.in) and deposit it at any branch office of State Bank of India. Please note that bank charges a processing fee of Rs. 50/- which is not included in the application fee mentioned above.
Please note the Journal number, date of remitance and SBI branch number in which the application fee was paid. You need to fill in these in the application form.
- Will I get a confirmation after submitting the application form?
Yes, you will get an automated message informing the same. You will also receive an application number.
If you have not received the automated message, it is likely that you have not entered the correct email address. Hence, make sure that you enter the correct email address.
- My last semester results have not yet been declared. What to fill in aggregate % field?
Please fill in the aggregate % up to the current semester.