5 year BS-MS Programme
For admission to the 2013-2014 academic year 5 year integrated M.S programme the following channels will be available:
To seek an admission, you should apply through at least one of the three channels.
(a) Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY): SA(2011)/SX(2012)/SB(2012)/SP(Passed class XII in 2012).
(b) Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced) 2013: Students obtaining a minimum aggregate of 60% marks in class XII and securing a place in the rank list of Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced) for the admission to Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs). For SC/ST/PD candidates the required percentage of
aggregate marks* in class XII is 55%.
(c) State and Central Boards: Students who have passed class XII in 2012 or are appearing for class XII exam in 2013 in science stream with either
i. Aggregate marks* above or equal to the cut-off percentage declared by DST as eligibility for INSPIRE fellowship (http://www.inspire-dst.gov.in/). For OBC (Non-Creamy layer)/PD category candidates, there is 5% relaxation in the DST cut-off. The cut-off for SC/ST candidates is 55% in class XII for all boards.
ii. Advisory note for the eligibility for Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE) under INSPIRE scheme.
(*) Aggregate marks = (Total marks obtained in all subjects x 100) / Maximum marks.
The barrier between the traditional disciplines are fast disappearing. Modern research problems span a wide range of areas. It helps to have basic training in a range of disciplines to succeed in modern research. Accordingly, IISER-TVM MS curriculum is designed to be dominantly interdisciplinary.
- The MS programme is of 10 semester duration.
- Each academic year has 2 semesters of roughly 16 weeks each
- Varsha Semester:August-December
- Vasanth Semester:January-May
- The first 2 years(ie. the first 4 semesters) will consist of CORE courses common to all students.
- 3rd and 4th year courses will be specialized in one Major(Biology,Chemistry,Physics or Mathematics) and one or more Minors.
- The fifth year will be devoted to a thesis by research. Please read the students guidebook for further details. MSGuide
Course Fee structure at IISERTVM**
**Subject to revision