Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Thiruvananthapuram invites applications from eligible Indian Nationals of outstanding academic achievements, with ability to lead vibrant research groups and interested in teaching for the following FACULTY POSITIONS in the broad areas of Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics and Inter-disciplinary subjects.
Assistant Professor (on contractual basis)
Salary: Rs. 15,600 - 39,100 (PB-3) with Academic Grade Pay of Rs. 6,000 . Initial pay in the Pay Band will be Rs. 20,150 and Total Emoluments Rs. 50,075.
Qualification : Should have a PhD with First Class at the preceeding degree in the appropriate branch with a very good academic record throughout.
Salary : Rs. 15,600 - 39,100 (PB-3) with Academic Grade Pay of Rs. 8,000. Initial pay in the Pay Band will be Rs. 30,000 and Total Emoluments Rs. 71,168.
Qualification : Should have a PhD with First Class at the preceeding degree in the appropriate branch with a very good academic record throughout and at least three years of Industrial / Research / Teaching Experience, excluding the experience gained while pursuing PhD.
On completion of three years of service as Assistant Professor, shall move to Pay Band of Rs. 37,400-67,000 (PB-4) with an Academic Grade Pay of Rs. 9,000 and will, however, continue to be designated as Assistant Professor.
Salary : Rs.37,400 - 67,000 (PB-4) with Academic Grade Pay of Rs. 9,500. Initial pay in the Pay Band will be Rs. 42,800 and Total Emoluments Rs. 96,622.
Qualification : Should have a PhD with First Class at the preceeding degree in the appropriate branch with a very good academic record throughout and a minimum of six years of Teaching / Industrial / Research Experience of which at least three years should be at the level of Assistant Professor / Senior Scientific Officer / Senior Design Engineer.
Salary : Rs.37,400 - 67,000 (PB-4) with Academic Grade Pay of Rs. 10,500. Initial pay in the Pay Band will be Rs. 48,000 and Total Emoluments Rs. 1,07,650.
Qualification : Should have a PhD with First Class at the preceeding degree with very good academic record throughout and a minimum of 10 years of experience of which at least four years should be at the level of Associate Professor in IITs, IISc, IIMs, NITIE and IISERs or at an equivalent level in any such other Indian or foreign Institution / Institutions of comparable standards as may be so decided by the Institute.
Age : Preferably below 35 years for the post of Assistant Professor.
Reservations : Without any compromise on qualifications, experience and competence, reservation as per Govt. of India rules will be applicable. Applicants belonging to Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes are especially encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
The completed application form along with curriculum vitae, list of publications (with reprints of important papers), a brief write-up on proposed research programme and perspectives on teaching, and names and addresses of at least four referees (with e-mail id, telephone and fax numbers) may be sent by email to any one of the following emails accounts email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org with a cc to email@example.com. Candidates working in Interdisciplinary areas may choose to apply to more than one school.
- Persons working under the Central / State Govt. / Public Sector Undertakings / Central Autonomous Bodies should submit their applications through proper channel. They may, however, send an advance copy of the application. Those who are unable to forward their application through proper channel may produce an NOC at the time of interview.
- In case of candidates who are to be considered for deputation on Foreign Service terms, their organization should be willing to relieve them on such terms.
- All applications will be acknowledged by email. If an acknowledgment is not received in one week, an email may be sent to the Director. Further communication will be sent only to candidates who are shortlisted.
- A duly appointed committee of experts will shortlist the candidates for interview. Shortlisted candidates will be required to give a seminar prior to the interview.
- Candidates giving seminar / appearing for interview will be paid travelling expenses, from stations / port of disembarkation within India, as per the Institute norms.
- Merely fulfilling the requirements laid down in the advertisement will not automatically entitle any candidate to be called for interview.
- The appointed faculty will be on probation for one year. Continuation after the period of probation will be subject to assessment of performance.
- In addition to the pay and allowances benefits like leave, Leave Travel Concession, Medical Reimbursement etc will be available as admissible to Central Government employees.
- Person appointed will be covered under the New Pension Scheme as notified by the Government of India.
- Other Incentives:
- Reimbursement of travel and relocation expenses not exceeding Rs. 1.25 Lakhs for New Faculty joining from abroad and Rs. 75,000 for those joining from places within India.
- A start-up research grant based on the projections made by the New Faculty for carrying out research programmes.
- A Cumulative Professional Development Allowance of Rs. 3 Lakhs for every block of three years (Rs. 1 Lakh per year) on reimbursable basis to meet the expenses for participating in both national and international conferences, paying the membership fee for various professional bodies and contingent expenses.
- No interim enquiries / correspondence / communication of any sort will be entertained in the matter.
- The decision of the Institute in all matters shall be final.