Admission notice for doctoral programmes -- August 2012
Applications are invited from highly motivated students for admission to the two doctoral programmes in Biological, Chemical, Mathematical and Physical sciences:
1. Integrated Ph.D. programme after Bachelors degree
2. Ph.D. programme after Masters degree
beginning in August 2012 at the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research-Thiruvananthapuram.
Integrated Ph.D. Programme
Candidates with Bachelor’s degree in Biological Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Physical Sciences, Engineering and Technology are eligible to apply. Individual schools may have additional eligibility criteria including qualifying in national level tests like JEST and NBHM. Please see the following URL
for details about the eligibility criteria for applying to the individual schools at IISER-TVM. Students’ in the final year of the Bachelor’s degree are strongly encouraged to apply. Also see the FAQs page regarding the admission procedure for the Integrated Ph.D. programme.
Candidates with Masters degree in Biological Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics, Physical Sciences and related fields are eligible to apply. Individual schools will have additional eligibility criteria including qualifying in national level tests like CSIR-UGC-JRF, GATE, ICAR-ICMR JRF, JEST, NBHM, INSPIRE Ph.D. Please see the following URL
for details on the eligibility criteria for applying to the individual schools at IISER-TVM. Students’ in the final year of the Master’s degree are strongly encouraged to apply. Also see the FAQs page regarding the admission procedure for the Ph.D. programme.
For details on the areas of research IISER-TVM is engaged in, please visit http://www.iisertvm.ac.in/research/
Relaxation of eligibility criteria for SC/ST candidates will be made according to the GOI rules.
Fellowships: All students admitted to the Integrated Ph.D. programme will receive Rs. 10000/- as fellowship until the completion of the course work. Afterwords, fellowship will be raised to comply with the existing CSIR-UGC norms. Students admitted to the Ph.D. programme will receive fellowships from CSIR/DBT/ICMR/NBHM/UGC/IISER-TVM.
1. For both the programmes, applicants should complete the online application form by going to the following URL: http://phd.iisertvm.ac.in
2. Applicants will also be prompted to upload all the supporting documents, like photograph, proof of date of birth, mark-list, community certificate, online.
3. GE/OBC [SC/ST] candidates are reqired to make a payment of Rs. 200/- [Rs. 100/-] as application fee through the Powerjyoti Account (details available in the online application form).
4. On submission of the online application form, the applicants will receive an acknowledgment email with an application number.
5. Short-listed applicants will be invited for an aptitude-test/interview at IISER-TVM.
6. Last date for the submission of the online application is April 9, 2012.