Integrated Ph.D. Admissions - August 2020
Last date for application is extended to 07th June 2020
Applications are invited from highly motivated students for admission to the integrated Ph.D. programme of Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram (IISER TVM) in Biological (SoB), Chemical (SoC), Mathematical (SoM), and Physical (SoP) Sciences for the session starting from August 2020, i.e., Varsha 2020 semester. Candidates are required to apply through the online portal only. The online application portal will be open from 01/03/2020 at http://appserv.iisertvm.ac.in/iphd/
- Bachelor's degree in the relevant areas with a minimum of 55% marks (or a CGPA of 6.0 in the 10-point scale) for General/OBC-NCL candidates and a minimum of 50% marks (or a CGPA of 5.5 in the 10-point scale) for SC/ST and PwD candidates.
- The candidate must have qualified either of the following examinations: JAM 2020 on the relevant areas or qualified through any other national-level examinations as mentioned.
||Biological/Chemical/Physical/ Mathematical Sciences
Note 1: JAM (BL and BT only)
Note 2: Candidates who have appeared for the JGEEBILS 2020 test can apply.
|#JGEEBILS and JAM (BL and BT only) candidates may be further shortlisted by IISER TVM integrated Ph.D. applications shortlisting committee based on the marks/score.
IISER TVM Test 2020. ( Syllabus for IISER TVM Test )
Note: JAM-CY 2020
||Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering/ Technology in a relevant area.
Note 1: JAM (MA and MS only)
Note 2: In case of NBHM-MA/MSc 2019-20, candidates who have qualified the written test and have received the NBHM-MA/MSc Interview call letter are also eligible to apply.
||Physical Sciences/Engineering/ Technology areas (closely related to the research areas of IISER TVM)
JEST 2020 (Physics)
- Cell Biology
- Ecology, Evolution and Behaviour
- Molecular Biology
- Structural Molecular Biology
- Mammalian Cell Division
- Plant Biology
- Developmental Biology
- Main Group Chemistry
- Macrocycles/Planar Antiaromatic and Extended Pi-Conjugated Systems
- Bioinspired Coordination Chemistry and Metal-free Small Molecule Activation
- Inorganic-Organic Hybrid, Metal Nanocluster and Catalysis
- Inorganic and Hybrid Materials Chemistry/Energy Storage-Batteries-Supercapacitors/Porous Materials-Gas Separation-Membranes
- Synthetic Methods for Organic Synthesis, Asymmetric Catalysis, and C–H Activation/ Functionalization
- Asymmetric Total Synthesis, Asymmetric Catalysis, Development of New Methodologies and Medicinal Chemistry
- Asymmetric Catalysis and Cross-Coupling Reactions
- Development of new synthetic methodologies driven by visible light photoredox catalysis, Metallo-photoredox catalysis in organic synthesis.
- Supramolecular Chemistry and DNA Nanotechnology
- Supramolecular Chemistry, Organic Synthesis and Chemical Biology
- Photochemistry and Photophysics and Light-Matters Interaction at Nanoscale
- Ultrafast Spectroscopy, Physical Organic Chemistry and Biophysical Chemistry
- Algebra, Number Theory & Geometry
- Applied Analysis
- Computational Sciences
- High Energy Physics
- String Theory and Mathematical Physics
- Quantum Information Theory
- Theoretical Condensed Matter Physics
- Experimental Condensed Matter Physics
- Energy Research
- Photonics and Bio-medical Instrumentation & Imaging
- Nonlinear Dynamics
The shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend a written test/interview at IISER TVM. The final selection of the candidates will solely be based on the performance in the interview.
General Information and Application Procedure
- Students appearing in the final year Bachelor degree examination are also eligible to apply. However, if selected, their admission will be subjected to fulfilling the minimum eligibility criteria for the individual school.
- Please go through the Instructions carefully before filling up the application form.
- Applicants should complete the online application form at the following URL: http://appserv.iisertvm.ac.in/iphd/. Only online applications are accepted.
- Applicants will also be prompted to upload necessary supporting documents, like photograph, proof of date of birth, mark sheet/grade transcript, community certificate etc. in JPEG format only. Go to Required documents for the information regarding the size of the files.
- 5. Candidates are required to make a payment of Rs. 500/- [candidates belonging to SC/ST category are exempted from payment] as processing fee through https://www.onlinesbi.com/sbicollect/icollecthome.htm
- On submission of the online application form, the applicants will receive an acknowledgement email with an application number.
- Candidates who wish to apply to individual/different schools through different streams (JGEEBILS, JAM, NBHM-MA/MSc, JEST & IISER test) need to fill separate application forms, and separate fee has to be paid for each application.
- Short-listed applicants will be invited for a written test/interview at IISER TVM.
- Venue for interviews [ALL Streams]: IISER - Thiruvananthapuram, Maruthamala PO, Vithura, Thiruvananthapuram - 695551, Kerala, India.
- Normal relaxation to the eligibility criteria will be applicable as per government of India guidelines.
- In case of any application related queries, please contact by email, addressed to the iPhD coordinator [firstname.lastname@example.org]. Other modes of communication will not be entertained.
|Opening of online application portal
||01 March 2020
|Last date for receipt of online applications
||07 June 2020
|Test/Interview Dates will be announced later.
NB: Hostel accommodation will be available in the campus for candidates only on request in advance.