The Institute Postdoctoral Fellowship
- The Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvanathapuram (IISER TVM) invites applications from highly qualified young scientists holding Ph.D. in the areas of Biological, Chemical, Mathematical and Physical Sciences/Engineering/Technology for the Institute Postdoctoral Fellowships commencing on 1st August 2014.
- The Institute Post-doctoral Fellowship (IPF) is a full-time, contractual, postdoctoral position for highly qualified young scientists to carry out research at IISER TVM. The duration is for 2 years, extendable by up to one more year on the basis of performance. The Fellowship does not imply any commitment regarding any other position at IISER TVM.
- The Fellowship carries a remuneration of INR 40,000/- per month for the first two years and INR 45,000/- per month in the third year, with no other allowances. There will be a contingency grant of INR 75,000/- per year that may be used for consumables and attending conferences/workshops.
- IPF may not be held concurrently with any other national or international fellowships. It is also not transferable to any other fellowship.
- Candidates who have a Ph.D. degree in Biological, Chemical, Mathematical and Physical Sciences/Engineering/Technology and related areas as applicable are eligible to apply. Those who are in the final stages of their Ph.D. thesis submission are also eligible to apply.
(If selected, the candidate must have submitted the thesis at the time of joining IPF.)
- The application must be submitted via email to email@example.com on or before 31 January 2014.
- Candidates must submit electronic copies of the following documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) along with the application:
- Curriculum Vitae containing personal bio-data, degrees earned with dates, and list of publications.
- Research Proposal (maximum 1,500 words) including details of the facilities at IISER TVM to be utilised, and research groups/laboratories that the candidate would like to collaborate with.
- Best publications (maximum 3).
- Synopsis of the Ph.D. work.
- Candidates are required to ask at least 2 referees to submit confidential letters of recommendation in support of their application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org .The subject line of the email should clearly mention the name of the candidate and the School at IISER TVM (Biology/Chemistry/Mathematics/Physics) to which the candidate is applying. For example, "Srinivasa Ramanujan --- School of Mathematics"
Externally Funded Postdoctoral positions
Advertisements for other post doctoral positions appear periodically in the Institute website. Interested candidates can look under Openings