Instructions to the selected 1st year BS-MS students
Last Date for Payment of Fees and Submission of Documents
- July 15, 2011 for the students selected through KVPY/IIT-JEE.
- July 30, 2011 for the students selected through State and Central Boards.
Documents to be Submitted for Admission:
- The following documents (as mentioned in the offer letter) must reach (by post / in person / by emailing scanned copies as attachment to your application to the address: msadmissions @ iisertvm.ac.in) IISER TVM on or before the last date mentioned above
- Completed Admission form (available at http://www.iiser-admissions.in/offer/)
- Medical Examination Report
- Copy of educational qualification certificate (**)
- Copy of Proof of date of birth (**)
- Copy of SC/ST/OBC/PD certificate (only for SC/ST/OBC category) (**). Non-creamy layer OBC certificate (for candidates who wish to avail the OBC quotas)
- Fee for General and OBC Category is Rs. 17,500/- and for SC/ST Category is Rs. 11,500/-. [Demand draft for fee payment should be drawn in favor of the Director, IISER Thiruvananthapuram payable at Thiruvananthapuram.]
An advance of Rs. 2,000/- towards mess charges is included in the above fee. Mess charges (approximately Rs. 1,500-2,000/-) will be collected on monthly basis.
(**) Originals will be verified at the beginning of the academic session.
Registration Day, Orientation Day & Commencement of Classes
- REGISTRATION: August 3, 2011 for the students selected through KVPY/IIT-JEE and August 4, 2011 for the students selected through State and Central Boards.
- ALL students must be present in the ORIENTATION PROGRAMME on 5th August 2011.
- The REGULAR CLASSES will commence from 8th August 2011.
- Students must bring the OFFER LETTER and ALL ORIGINAL documents for verification. Direction to the Institute can be found at https://www.iisertvm.ac.in/pages/reaching_iiser.
- The Pledge and Anti Ragging Affidavit (available at Student-Affidavit.pdf) must be signed by the Student and submitted at the time of registration.
- The Anti ragging affidavit (available at Parent-affidavit.pdf) must be signed by Parent/Guardian of the student and submitted at the time of registration.
- Student honour pledge (available at Student-Honour-Pledge.pdf) must be signed by the Student and Parent/Guardian and submitted at the time of registration.
- All students should bring 4 copies of Passport size photographs (recently taken) for official purposes.
- LATE registration is not permitted without prior permission from the Dean (Academics) / the Director of the Institute.
- Students should be aware of the Academic Calendar of the semester available at http://iiserlive.sil.lab/download/65/.
* Being a fully residential Institute, students are required to stay in the Institute hostel. IISER TVM provides furnished hostel accommodation to all its students.
* On the day of registration, students will be provided hostel rooms and they are expected to occupy their respective rooms on the same day.
* Students are advised to bring the following items:
- Mattress – 1
- Bed sheets – at least 2
- Pillow – 1
- Pillow cover – at least 2
- Mosquito net – 1
- Bath towel – at least 2
- Bag for dirty clothes – 1
- Basket, mug, soap dish – 1 each
- Umbrella or raincoat – 1
- Torch – 1
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, shampoo, shaving kits, nail cutter, shoe polish kit, handkerchief, hangers, slippers, shoes, clothes, medicines – as per requirement
- Any other items required for academic purposes
Please note that accompanying parents/guardians will not be permitted to stay overnight in the Institute hostel with their respective wards. A list of hotels nearby is available here http://iiserlive.sil.lab/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Hotels-Near-IISER1.pdf.
For any further information please contact us at the following address:
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research
Computer Science Building,
College of Engineering Trivandrum (CET) Campus,
Trivandrum – 695016, Kerala, India.
Phone: 0471 – 2597459 / 2597438
Email: registrar @ iisertvm.ac.in
Fax: 0471 – 2597427 / 2597438