ROLLING ADVERTISEMENT FOR FACULTY POSITIONS IN (i) DATA SCIENCES, AND (ii) EARTH, ATMOSPHERIC AND OCEAN SCIENCES
(ADVERTISEMENT NO. IISERTVM/DoFA/REC-2/2021)
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram (IISER TVM) invites applications for selection at the Assistant Professor (Grade 1) level on ‘tenure-track’ in (i) Data Sciences and (ii) Earth, Atmospheric and Ocean Sciences from Indian nationals with outstanding academic credentials, ability to establish a vibrant research programme and passion for teaching.
Applications should be submitted online as per the instructions given in the website. Incomplete applications not supported by relevant documents will not be considered. The portal for submission of applications will open on December 06, 2021. Processing of applications will be carried out on a regular basis, once every 4-6 weeks.
|Designation and Pay
||Eligibility and Experience
Grade I Level 12 Cell 1, minimum pay INR 1,01,500 + HRA + travel allowance + pension benefits under New Pension Scheme (NPS) of Govt. of India. (Gross salary will be approximately Rs.1,34,528/- per month, excluding HRA.
Ph.D. with first class or equivalent at the preceding degree in the appropriate branch with a very good academic record throughout. Three years of Industrial/Research/Teaching experience excluding the duration of Ph.D. Age preferably below 35 years.
Areas of expertise:
Data Science with background in computer science and specialization in:
- Machine Learning
- Artificial Intelligence
- High performance computing
- Databases/Data mining
Data science with background in mathematics/statistics with specialization in applied statistics.
Earth Atmospheric and Ocean Sciences
- Atmospheric sciences including atmospheric physics and atmospheric chemistry
- Climate modelling and climate change
- Water resources, Hydrology, Water quality and Water treatment.
- Oceanography and Oceanic sciences
- Environmental Science or Engineering (specialization in sustainability at PhD level)
- Analytical chemistry related to environmental and earth sciences
- Remote sensing and disaster management
- Geospatial technology
- The appointment as a Faculty Member will be governed by NIT (Amendment) Act - 2012 (National Institute Technology Science Education Research (NITSER) Act) and its amendments from time to time and as per the provisions of the IISER Statutes. As per Tenure-Track System, the appointment at the level of Assistant Professor at IISER TVM is on contract for five years. At the end of this period, the faculty candidate will be assessed for the position of Associate Professor by a selection committee. The successful candidate will be offered tenure, i.e., permanent position. If the assessment by the selection committee does not result in the appointment as an Associate Professor, the contract term may be extended for two more years in the same grade.
- Reservations will be as per the prevailing Government of India norms as applicable to IISERs.
- Valid category certificate should be uploaded, if applicable.
- Candidates working in Government Organizations/Institutions/Universities/Public sector undertakings should submit a no-objection certificate.
- No enquiries of any kind in regard to the selections will be entertained.
- The institute reserves the right to screen and call only those candidates deemed suitable for presentations followed by interviews. The eligibility criteria are only a bare minimum, and mere fulfilment of the same will not entitle any candidate to be called for interview.
- The institute reserves the right not to fill any vacancy advertised without any reason. The decision of the Institute in all matters shall be final and binding. Legal disputes, if any, shall be settled in the Court of Law only within the jurisdiction of Thiruvananthapuram.
Apply Online | For all queries email : fcrct2021[at]iisertvm[dot]ac[dot]in
*The applications received against the advertisement in 2020 (July 01 – December 15, 2020) for Assistant Professor (Grade I) were scrutinized by Screening Committees. None was found suitable to be called for interviews. Those desirous of being reconsidered in this round of selections with revised/improved credentials are encouraged to apply again.