ROLLING ADVERTISEMENT FOR FACULTY POSITIONS
(ADVERTISEMENT NO. IISERTVM/DoFA/REC-04/2023)
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram (IISER TVM) invites applications for selection at the Assistant Professor (Grade 1) level on ‘tenure-track’ in the areas mentioned below from Indian nationals with outstanding academic credentials, proven research capabilities as reflected by publications in journals of international repute, with strong competence to develop and teach courses in the following areas ability to establish a vibrant research programme and passion for teaching.
Applications should be submitted online duly following the instructions given on the website. Incomplete applications not supported by relevant documents will not be considered. The portal for submission of applications will be opened on August 01, 2023. The processing of applications will be carried out, on a regular basis, once every 2-4 weeks.
Interviews under the rolling advertisement will be conducted in a phased but continuous manner. The sub-areas that get filled with suitable candidates may be deactivated.
DESIGNATION AND PAY
ELIGIBILITY AND EXPERIENCE
Assistant Professor (Grade I)
Pay Level 12 Cell 1 with minimum pay of INR 1,01,500 + HRA + travel allowance + pension benefits under New Pension Scheme (NPS) of Govt. of India. (Gross salary will be approximately Rs. 1,49,242/- per month, excluding HRA).
PhD with first class or equivalent at the preceding degree in the appropriate branch with a very good academic record throughout. Three years of Industrial/ Research/Teaching experience, excluding the duration of PhD. Age preferably below 35 years.
Areas of expertise
HISTORY, PHILOSOPHY AND SOCIOLOGY OF SCIENCE
- Essential Qualifications: Ph.D in History, Philosophy and Sociology of Science/Social Studies of Science/Interdisciplinary History/Philosophy/Sociology of Science.
LITERATURE (English, Culture, and International Diaspora)
- Essential Qualifications: Ph.D in English literature/Diaspora studies or Ph.D in Culture through the lens of literature.
PHILOSOPHY OF COGNITIVE SCIENCES (Philosophy of mind, Neuroethics, Artificial Neural Networks (ANN), and Consciousness Studies)
- Essential Qualifications: 1. Ph.D in Cognitive Science with a focus on the nature of Mind especially in the light of Artificial Intelligence, or with a focus on Neuroscience in the light of its repercussion on the nature of Knowledge (Epistemology) and Ethics, or Consciousness Studies in the light of neuroscience and ANN research.
SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY DEVELOPMENT, ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT, INNOVATION AND POLICY (Climate change, economic development, public health and Development Studies)
- Essential Qualifications: Ph.D in Science Technology Policy and Development studies.
- The appointment as a Faculty Member will be governed by the NIT (Amendment) Act - 2012 (National Institute Technology Science Education Research (NITSER) Act) and its amendments from time to time and as per the provisions of the IISER Statutes. As per ‘Tenure-Track System’, the appointment at the level of Assistant Professor at IISER TVM is on contract for five years. At the end of this period, the faculty candidate will be assessed for the position of Associate Professor by a selection committee. The successful candidate will be offered tenure, i.e., a permanent position. If the assessment by the selection committee does not result in the appointment as an Associate Professor, the contract term may be extended for two more years in the same grade.
- Reservations will be as per the prevailing Government of India norms and as applicable to IISERs.
- Valid category certificate should be uploaded, if applicable.
- Candidates working in Government Organizations/Institutions/Universities/Public Sector Undertakings should submit a no-objection certificate.
- No enquiries of any kind in regard to the selections will be entertained.
- The institute reserves the right to screen and call only those candidates deemed suitable for presentations followed by interviews. The eligibility criteria are only a bare minimum, and mere fulfilment of the same will not entitle any candidate to be called for an interview.
- The institute reserves the right not to fill any vacancy advertised without any reason. The institute also reserves the right to stop accepting applications in specific sub-areas or disciplines at any point in time. The decision of the Institute in all matters shall be final and binding. Legal disputes, if any, shall be settled in the Court of Law only within the jurisdiction of Thiruvananthapuram.
For all queries email: fcrct2023_4[at]iisertvm[dot]ac[dot]in