Satish is a Wellcome trust-DBT India alliance fellow and an assistant professor at IISER TVM. His lab is interested in understanding the regulatory mechanisms underlying hematopoietic stem cell (HSCs) function with major focus on:
- How the HSC pool is created during development and what are the mechanisms involved in symmetrical divisions?
- What are the extrinsic regulators that maintain the state of quiescence in adult HSCs?
- Molecular events that regulate functional changes in HSCs during aging!
- Bioenergetic profile of the HSC that leads to their differential function in different physiological states!
- Outside-in integrin signaling in adult and fetal hematopoiesis
For more information visit the lab webpage