For full record of publications see the links below.
List of selected publications
1. Role of crystal nucleation and growth conditions on the soft-templated preparation of HKUST-1 MOFs with hierarchical porosity involving gemini surfactants, Rajesh Ghosh, Blesson Sunny, Maria Babu, A. Thirumurugan, Microporous Mesoporous Mater., 2022, 334, 111758. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.micromeso.2022.111758
2. Synthesis of Hierarchically Porous HKUST‐1 MOF: Use of C 14‐6‐14 , a Cationic Gemini Surfactant, as Soft‐Template, Rajesh Ghosh, A. Thirumurugan, ChemistrySelect., 2020, 5, 6453-6469. https://doi.org/10.1002/slct.202001583
3. Lithium‐Ion‐Based Electrochemical Energy Storage in a Layered Vanadium Formate Coordination Polymer, P. K. Anjana, Binson Babu, M. M. Shaijumon, A. Thirumurugan, ChemPlusChem., 2020, 85, 1137-1144. https://doi.org/10.1002/cplu.202000283
4. Case study of bilayered spin- 1/2 square lattice compound VO(HCOO)2⋅(H2O), S. Guchhait, U. Arjun, P. K. Anjana, M. Sahoo, A. Thirumurugan, A. Medhi, Y. Skourski, B. Koo, J. Sichelschmidt, B. Schmidt, M. Baenitz, R. Nath, Phys. Rev. Materials, 2019, 3, 104409. https://doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevMaterials.3.104409
5. Singlet ground state in the spin- 1/2 weakly coupled dimer compound NH4 [(V2O3)2(4,4′−bpy)2(H2PO4)(PO4)2]⋅0.5H2O, U. Arjun, Vinod Kumar, P. K. Anjana, A. Thirumurugan, J. Sichelschmidt, A. V. Mahajan, and R. Nath, Phys. Rev. B, 2017, 95, 174421. https://doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevB.95.174421
6. Mechanical Tunability via Hydrogen Bonding in Metal–Organic Frameworks with the Perovskite Architecture, W. Li, A. Thirumurugan, P. T. Barton, Z. Lin, S. Henke, H. H.-M. Yeung, M. T. Wharmby, E. G. Bithell, C. J. Howard, A. K. Cheetham, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2014, 136, 7801-7804. https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/ja500618z
7. Mechanical properties of a metal–organic framework containing hydrogen-bonded bifluoride linkers, W. Li, M. S. R. N. Kiran, J. L. Manson, J. A. Schlueter, A. Thirumurugan, U. Ramamurty, A. K. Cheetham, Chem.Commun., 2013, 49, 4471-4473
8. Negative Linear Compressibility of a Metal–Organic Framework, W. Li, M. R. Probert, M. Kosa, T. D. Bennett, A. Thirumurugan, R. P. Burwood, M. Parinello, J. A. K. Howard, A. K. Cheetham, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2012, 134 (29), 11940–11943.
9. Bismuth 2,6-pyridinedicarboxylates: Assembly of molecular units into coordination polymers, CO2 sorption and photoluminescence, A. Thirumurugan, W. Li, A. K. Cheetham, Dalton Trans., 2012, 41, 4126-4134.
10. Rapid Room-Temperature Synthesis of Zeolitic Imidazolate Frameworks by Using Mechanochemistry, P. J. Beldon, L. Fabian, R. S. Stein, A. Thirumurugan, A. K. Cheetham, T. Friscic, Angew. Chem., Int. Ed., 2010, 49 (50), 9640-9643.
11. Anionic Metal Organic Frameworks of Bismuth Benzenedicarboxylates: Synthesis, Structure and Ligand-Sensitized Photoluminescence, A. Thirumurugan, A. K. Cheetham, Eur. J. Inorg. Chem, 2010, (24), 3823 – 3828.
12. Heterometallic Inorganic-Organic Frameworks of Sodium-Bismuth Benzenedicarboxylates, A. Thirumurugan, Jin-Chong Tan and A. K. Cheetham, Cryst Growth & Des., 2010, 10, 1736.
13. Hybrid Inorganic-Organic Frameworks: A new family of Condensed Matter materials, C. N. R. Rao, A.K. Cheetham and A. Thirumurugan, J. Physics.: Condens.Matter, 2008, 20, 083202.
14. Hybrid Compounds Formed by 1,3-Cyclohexanedicarboxylates of Lead, A. Thirumurugan, R. A. Sanguramath and C. N. R. Rao, Inorg. Chem 2008, 47, 823
15. Use of ionic liquids in synthesis of nanocrystals, nanorods and nanowires of elemental chalcogens, A. Thirumurugan, B. Mat. Sci., 2007, 30, 2, 179-182.
16. Assembly of a Secondary Building Unit (SBU) into Two- and Three-Dimensional Structures in Lanthanide Benzenedicarboxylates, A. Thirumurugan and S. Natarajan, Cryst. Growth & Des, 2006, 6(4), 983-988.
17. 1,2-, 1,3- and 1,4-Benzenedicarboxylates of Cd and Zn of different dimensionalities: Process of formation of the three-dimensional structure, A. Thirumurugan and C. N. R. Rao, J. Mater. Chem., 2005, 15(35-36), 3852-3858.