[Note that Written test does not apply to School of Physics]
I am shortlisted for the written test for the admission to the Integrated Ph.D. Programme, what documents do I need to carry?
Candidates must bring their printed admit card (both invigilator's and candidate's copy) and a valid photo ID (College ID, Driving license, Aadhaar etc.)
I am shortlisted for the interview for the admission to the Integrated Ph.D. Programme, what documents do I need to carry?
You need to carry the following documents:
2. Where will the written test/interview be held? Will I be paid for my travel and accommodation expenses for attending the Integrated Ph.D. written test/interview?
Integrated Ph.D. interview will be conducted at IISER TVM. Please follow this link for information on different modes of transportation to reach Thiruvananthapuram and directions to IISER TVM. Candidates will not be paid any travel and accommodation expenses.
Integrated Ph.D. Written test will be conducted at University College, M.G.Road, Palayam, Thiruvananthapuram. know more
3. What is the examination pattern of the Integrated Ph.D. Programme written test?
The written test for Biological, Chemical and Mathematical Sciences will be objective type containing 40 questions. The test will be for 2 hours.There will not be any written test for candidates applying to the School of Physics. The candidates applying to the School of Physics need to have cleared JEST (Joint Entrance Screening Test).
4. What is the syllabus for the written test?
The syllabus for the written test for Biological, Chemical and Mathematical Sciences can be found in the following link.
1. I am in the final year of Bachelor’s degree. Am I eligible to apply for the Integrated Ph.D. programme?
2. I am an engineering graduate, am I eligible to apply for the Integrated Ph.D. programme?
3. I am in my first year of the Master’s degree., am I eligible to apply for the Integrated Ph.D. programme?
4. I am in the final year of the Master’s degree, am I eligible to apply for the Integrated Ph.D. programme?
No. You may be eligible for the Ph.D. programme.
5. Is there a part-time Integrated Ph.D. programme at IISER TVM?
No. IISER TVM is a fully residential institute and all the Integrated Ph.D. students are required to reside in the institute for the entire period.
6. If selected, am I eligible for a fellowship?
Yes. All students admitted to the Integrated Ph.D. programme will receive Rs. 10,000/- as fellowship until the successful completion of the course work. Afterwards, fellowship will be raised to comply with the existing CSIR-UGC norms.
1. Can I apply for more than one schools? [Not applicable for candidates applying to the School of Physics]
Yes, you may apply to a maximum of TWO schools. However, you will be evaluated separately for each school.
2. Do I have to apply to each school separately? [Not applicable for candidates applying to the School of Physics]
Once you successfully submit your application to the first School, you will be given an option to apply to any ONE more school.
3. Can I submit the Integrated Ph.D. application by post?
No. Only online applications with the required documents are accepted.
4. What all documents do I need to upload along with the application form?
Please keep the following documents (in JPEG/PDF formats) before filling the online Integrated Ph.D. application form: a). Scanned copy of your recent passport size photograph (JPG, max 100 KB) b). Scanned copy of signature (JPG, max 100 KB) c). Scanned copy of the community (SC/ST) certificate (if applicable) (PDF, max, 250 KB) f). Journal number of the payment of the application fee to the PowerJyoti account (See Questions 6 and 7 below)
5. In what format do I need to upload the above documents?
Scanned copies of your photograph and signature must be uploaded in JPEG format (maximum size 100 KB). Community Certificate and other documents should be submitted in pdf format (maximum size 250 KB).
6. Is there an application fee?
Yes. Rs. 500/- (Rs. 250/- for SC/ST applicants) for applying to the Integrated Ph.D. Programme.
7. How do I pay the application fee?
Thorugh SBI Collect Website.
8. Will I get a confirmation after submitting the application form?
Yes, you will get an automated message informing the same. You will also receive an application number.If you have not received the automated message, it is likely that you have not entered the correct email address. Hence, make sure that you enter the correct email address. You will also be able to access your submitted application(s) if you re-login into the application site.Note that if you did not click the submit button after completing your application, you will not receive any automated message and you will not be able to login and print your application form after the due date is over. So do not forget to click the submit button after completing your applications, otherwise your application will not be considered.
9. My last semester results have not yet been declared. What to fill in aggregate %/GPA field?
Please fill in the aggregate % or GPA up to the last declared semester results.