Publications from IISER TVM:
40. C John, C Owais, A James and R S Swathi*, Swarm Intelligence Steers a Global Minima Search of Clusters Bound on Carbon Nanostructures, J. Phys. Chem. C., (2021, in press) [Invited Perspective].
39. C Owais, C John, and R S Swathi*, Swarm Intelligence Unravels the Confinement Effects for Tiny Noble Gas Clusters within Carbon Nanotubes, Eur. Phys. J. D., (2021, in press) [Invited Article; Special issue on confinement effects].
38. M Mohankumar, M Unnikrishnan, G N Naidu, Sanoop M S, M P Ajaykumar, R S Swathi* and K George Thomas*, Finding the Needle in a Haystack: Capturing Veiled Plexcitonic Coupling through Differential Spectroscopy, J. Phys. Chem. C, 124, 26387 (2020).
37. C Owais, Mahroof K, and R S Swathi*, Encapsulation of Monocyclic Carbon Clusters into Carbon Nanotubes: A Continuum Modeling Approach, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part N: Journal of Nanomaterials, Nanoengineering and Nanosystems, 0, 1 (2020) [Invited Article; Special issue on modeling of nanostructures].
36. C Owais, C John, and R S Swathi*, A Swarm Intelligence Modeling Approach Reveals Noble Gas Cluster Configurations Confined Within Carbon Nanotubes, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 22, 20693 (2020).
35. A Kuriakose, G N Naidu, and R S Swathi*, Plasmonic Resonances in Ag-Au Nanosphere Heterodimers: How Accurate are the Approximate Analytical Descriptions, J. Phys. Chem. C, 124, 13858 (2020).
34. R Dhali, C John, and R S Swathi*, Quantum Transmission of He Isotopes through Crown Ether-Embedded Graphene Nanomeshes: An Eckart Potential Approach, J. Phys. Chem. A, 123, 7499 (2019).
33. C Owais, G Aswin, and R S Swathi*, Encapsulation of He Clusters into Carbon Nanotubes: A Modeling Strategy Based on Continuum Approximation anParticle Swarm Optimization, J. Indian Chem. Soc., 96, 1019 (2019) [Invited Article, Special Issue for Young Theoretical Chemists].
32. Anto James and R S Swathi*, Permeation of Fullerenes through Graphynes: Theoretical Design of Nanomechanical Oscillators, J. Phys. Chem. C, 123, 10544 (2019) [Invited Article, Virtual Special Issue for Young Scientists].
31. P T Sujai, M M Joseph, Varsha K, G Saranya, Ramya N A, S Shamjith, Reshmi Thomas, Jyothi B N, R S Swathi and K K Maiti*, Biogenic Cluster-Encased Gold Nanorods as a Targeted Three-in-One Theranostic Nanoenvelope for SERS-Guided Photochemotherapy against Metastatic Melanoma, ACS Applied Bio Materials, 2, 588 (2018).
30. Mahroof Kalathingal, C Owais, D S Praveen Roy and R S Swathi*, Adsorption of Monocyclic Carbon Rings on Graphene: Energetics Revealed via Continuum Modeling, ACS Omega, 3, 7542 (2018).
29. Anto James, Chris John, C Owais, Stephen Nagaraju M, S Chandra Shekar, Jyoti R Choudhuri and R S Swathi*, Graphynes: Indispensable Nanoporous Architectures in Carbon Flatland, RSC Advances, 8, 22998 (2018) [Invited Review].
28. C Owais, Anto James, Chris John, Rama Dhali and R S Swathi*, Selective Permeation through One-Atom-Thick Nanoporous Carbon Membranes: Theory Reveals Excellent Design Strategies!, J. Phys. Chem. B, 122, 5127 (2018) [Invited Review, Highlighted as cover].
27. Hadiya M A, Reshmi Thomas and R S Swathi*, Overwhelming Analogies between Plasmon Hybridization Theory and Molecular Orbital Theory Revealed: The Story of Plasmonic Heterodimers, J. Phys. Chem. C, 122, 7382 (2018).
26. Reshmi Thomas, Jatish Kumar, Jino George, M Shanthil, G Narmada Naidu, R S Swathi* and K George Thomas*, Coupling of Elementary Electronic Excitations: Drawing Parallels Between Excitons and Plasmons, J. Phys. Chem. Lett., 9, 919 (2018) [Invited Perspective, Highlighted as cover].
25. Reshmi Thomas, Anoop Thomas, Saranya P, Linta J, Sanoop M S, R S Swathi*, Stephen Gray* and K George Thomas*, Plexcitons: The Role of Oscillator Strengths and Spectral Widths in Determining Strong Coupling, ACS Nano, 12, 402 (2018).
24. S Chandra Shekar and R S Swathi*, Molecular Switching on Graphyne and Graphdiyne: Realizing Functional Carbon Networks in Synergy with Graphene, Carbon, 126, 489 (2018).
23. S Chandra Shekar, Sanjay Kumar Meena and R S Swathi*, Interlocked Benzenes in Triangular p-architectures: Anchoring Groups Dictate Ion Binding and Transmission, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 19, 10264 (2017) [Highlighted as cover].
22. T G Thomas, S Chandra Shekar, R S Swathi* and K R Gopidas*, Triazatruxene Radical Cation: A Trigonal Class III Mixed Valence System, RSC Advances, 7, 821 (2017).
21. Rohini K and R S Swathi*, Tunable Azacrown-embedded Graphene Nanomeshes for Ion Sensing and Separation, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 9, 999 (2017).
20. Reshmi Thomas and R S Swathi*, Linear and Polygonal Assemblies of Plasmonic Nanoparticles: Incident Light Polarization Dictates Hot Spots, J. Phys. Chem. C, 120, 18733 (2016).
19. Rohini K, Daniel SMR and R S Swathi*, Intercalation of HF, H2O and NH3 Clusters within the Bilayers of Graphene and Graphene Oxide: Predictions from Coronene-based Model Systems, J. Phys. Chem. A, 119, 10935 (2015).
18. S Chandra Shekar and R S Swathi*, Cation-pi Interactions and Rattling Motion through Two-Dimensional Carbon Networks: Graphene vs Graphynes, J. Phys. Chem. C, 119, 8912 (2015).
17. B Sree Ganesh, Devendra Singh and R S Swathi*, Noble Gas Encapsulation into Carbon Nanotubes: Predictions from Analytical Model and DFT Studies, J. Chem. Phys., 141, 184304 (2014).
16. Jatish Kumar, Reshmi Thomas, R S Swathi* and K George Thomas*, Au Nanorod Quartets and Raman Signal Enhancement: Towards the Design of Plasmonic Platforms, Nanoscale, 6, 10454 (2014).
15. S Chandra Shekar and R S Swathi*, Stability of Nucleobases and Base Pairs Adsorbed on Graphyne and Graphdiyne, J. Phys. Chem. C, 118, 4516 (2014).
14. Rohini K and R S Swathi*, Host-Guest Interactions in the Confined Geometries Formed from Molecular Aggregates of Push-Pull Molecules, J. Phys. Chem. A, 117, 5794 (2013).
13. S. Chandra Shekar and R S Swathi*, Rattling Motion of Alkali Metal Ions through the Model Compounds of Graphyne and Graphdiyne, J. Phys. Chem. A, 117, 8632 (2013).
12. Reshmi Thomas and R S Swathi*, Organization of Metal Nanoparticles for Surface-enhanced Spectroscopy: A Difference in Size Matters, J. Phys. Chem. C, 116, 21982 (2012).
11. M Shanthil, Reshmi Thomas, R S Swathi* and K George Thomas*, Ag@SiO2 Core-Shell Nanostructures: Distance-Dependent Plasmon Coupling and SERS Investigation, J. Phys. Chem. Lett., 3, 1459 (2012).
10. Reshmi Thomas, Jatish Kumar, R S Swathi* and K George Thomas, Optical Effects near Metal Nanostructures: Towards Surface-enhanced Spectroscopy, Curr. Sci., 102, 85 (2012).
9. Amol M Vibhute, Rajesh G Gonnade, R S Swathi and Kana M Sureshan*, Strength from Weakness: Oppurtunistic CH...O Hydrogen Bonds Differentially Dictate the Conformational Fate in Solid and Solution States, Chem. Commun., 48, 717 (2012).
Publications from IISER TVM and IISc:
8. R S Swathi and K L Sebastian*, Excitation Energy Transfer from Dye Molecules to Doped Graphene, J. Chem. Sci, 124, 233 (2012).
Publications before joining IISER TVM:
7. R S Swathi and K L Sebastian*, Excitation Energy Transfer from a Fluorophore to Single-walled Carbon Nanotubes, J. Chem. Phys, 132, 104502 (2010).
6. R S Swathi and K L Sebastian*, Distance Dependence of Fluorescence Resonance Energy Transfer, J. Chem. Sci, 121, 777 (2009).
5. R S Swathi and K L Sebastian*, Long-range Resonance Energy Transfer from a Dye Molecule to Graphene has (distance)-4 Dependence, J. Chem. Phys, 130, 086101 (2009).
4. R S Swathi and K L Sebastian*, Resonance Energy Transfer from a Dye Molecule to Graphene, J. Chem. Phys, 129, 054703 (2008).
3. R S Swathi and K L Sebastian*, Resonance Energy Transfer from a Fluorescent Dye Molecule to Plasmon and Electron-hole Pair Excitations of a Metal Nanoparticle, J. Chem. Phys, 126, 234701 (2007).
2. Panchanan Puzari, R S Swathi, Biplab Sarkar and Satrajit Adhikari*, A Quantum-classical Approach to the Photoabsorption Spectrum of Pyrazine, J. Chem. Phys, 123, 134317 (2005).
1. R S Swathi and K L Sebastian*, Excitation Energy Transfer from Fluorophores to Graphene (Chapter 10), Concepts and Methods in Modern Theoretical Chemistry, Taylor & Francis Group, CRC Press (2013).