Draft Regulations: PhD Programme
- Master’s degree in Science with minimum 55%.
- CSIR -JRF/ GATE with a score generally >90 percentile (specified by the shortlisting committee)
- Pass in Interview
- Registration:Every selected candidate has to register for the Programme at the beginning of each semester by paying the prescribed fees (see below)
- Research Guide:The scholar will be assigned a Research Guide(s)
- Doctoral Committee:A Doctoral committee with the Chairman of the Department/School, the Guide(s) and members will assess the progress of the scholar’s work periodically and will approve the synopsis of the PhD thesis before submission..
- Course work:A scholar must complete the following course requirements
- 12 credits of course work in the first two semesters with a minimum CGPA of 6.
- Pass a comprehensive exam on completion of the course work.
- Two seminars to be given by the scholar in the 3rd/4th semester
- Duration:The duration of the PhD Programme is 8 semesters.
Note that IISER Fellowship will be compatible with CSIR-JRF.
- CSIR JRF : as per CSIR norms Currently: Rs. 12,000/- pm for two years and Rs.14,000/- pm in the next two years.
- IISER Fellowship : Rs. 12,000/- pm for first two years and Rs. 14000/- pm for the next two years. (without contingency)
- Fees:One-time Fees: Approximately Rs. 10000/- Every Semester : Tuition Fee: Rs. 6000/- per semester