Recruitment of Veterinarian (on contract basis)
Applications are invited for the position of “Veterinarian (on contract basis)” for the institutional animal facility.
- B.V.Sc. or equivalent degree in Veterinary Sciences of a recognized university.
- Registration with Veterinary Council of India, valid in the state of Kerala.
Minimum 3 years documented experience in a CPCSEA approved animal house.
Postgraduate degree/diploma (M.V.Sc, MSc or equivalent) of a recognized university in Laboratory Animal Science/Medicine OR Animal Breeding/Nutrition/Management OR Veterinary Surgery/ Pharmacology/ Pathology/ Microbiology/ Virology/ Biotechnology/ Medicine or any subject related to laboratory animals and two years documented experience (full-time) in handling laboratory animals for education/ research/ experiment/ breeding/ testing/ biological-production.
- Experience in handling, breeding and maintaining semi-barrier maintained animals, specific pathogen free animals, immune compromised animals or transgenic animals.
- Experience in managing regulatory documents of a CPCSEA-approved laboratory animal facility.
- Professional skill/expertise in using laboratory animals for research in an academic institution.
- Professional skill/expertise in monitoring and controlling disease in laboratory animals.
- Managing overall functioning of the laboratory animal facility at IISER-TVM.
- Establishment of infrastructural setup, training of the personnel in animal handling/experimentation, getting required approvals and documentation for the facility.
- Work with several mandatory committees constituted to carry out animal work in accordance with the Institutional and CPCSEA guidelines.
- Procurement breeding and maintenance of the animals (stock as well as experiments) for all investigations as per the CPCSEA guidelines of the Govt.of India.
Remuneration: Commensurate to experience/qualification the salary will be fixed between Rs. 35,000/- to 50,000/- per month (consolidated).
Age: Not more than 35 Years (Relaxation can be considered for candidates with exceptional records)
Candidates having the prescribed qualification may send their resume along with scanned copies of certificate of the qualifying degree and experience to email@example.com with subject "Application for veterinarian". Application should be received on or before 03/09/2021 at 5.00 PM. The short-listed candidates will be called for the interview. For further details, please contact 0471-2778146, 8031.