- Users can borrow/return the books using the self-service kiosk installed in the library.
- Students must carry their identity cards, and it must be produced whenever asked for. Institute identity card, which serves as the library card, is mandatory for borrowing books from the library either through the self-service-kiosk or otherwise.
- Reference books, Journals, and Magazines are only for consultation within the Library and are not to be taken out of Library premise. Borrowed books are allowed to be taken to the library for return/renewal only.
- Borrowed books are non-transferable, and a borrower shall remain responsible for material issued to him/her until it is returned.
- Return of the borrowed book is mandatory before the due date. A fine of Rs.1/- per day per book for the first week of delayed return and Rs.10/- per day per book thereafter will be levied. Books can be renewed once, before the due date, if there is no pending reservation against it.
- A book may be recalled any time before the due date if it is urgently required by another user. A late fee of Rs.10/- per day per book will be imposed for the noncompliance with the requirement.
- Books will not be issued for those who are having overdue items. One user can reserve up to 3 books at a time.
- Users must return all the books they borrowed before they go on vacation. All users must, at the end of each semester, settle any overdue loans before they are permitted to borrow again.
- Newly added books will be displayed for reference for one week, users may reserve such books.
- All items need to be returned to the Library, for physical verification once in a year irrespective of the date of issue and category of users. Date of physical verification will be announced 2 weeks in advance.
- Reference textbook and borrowable books can be borrowed for overnight reference, half an hour before the closing time of the library and to be returned at 9 AM on the next working day. Only one book can be borrowed for overnight reference. A late fee of Rs. 50/- per day per book for the delayed return of such item will be charged.
- All library payment will be accepted online only, at periodic intervals.
Central Library members will get the following privileges in respect of lending books
- Faculty members can borrow 20 books for 6 months.
- Visiting Faculty/Permanent staff members /Temporary staff members /Consultants/, and Post Doctoral Fellows can borrow 10 books for 2 months
- Ph.D. students can borrow 4 books for 2 weeks. Ph.D. students, who have completed their course work can borrow 10 books for 60 days.
- IntPhD students can borrow 4 books for 2 weeks. IntPhD students, who have successfully completed their course work can borrow 10 books for 60 days.
- BS-MS students can borrow 4 books for 2 weeks.
- Some books may have a shorter loan period depending on their demand.